Monday, March 9, 2009

Iron Maiden...Excellent!!!

Just to let you all know what a VIP (pronounced "Beep" in Spanish) I am, today as I was leaving our hotel for work, I noticed a 12 foot banner across the street. A corner had fallen down covering the text, but I could see a scary-looking devil peeking out. I assumed there was a protest against the U.S. or Israel, so I went to check it out, and to my delight I saw about 200 black-haired tweens with piercings. It turns out Iron Maiden is staying at our hotel in anticipation of their concert in the national stadium tomorrow. I walked right by Nicko McBrain signing autographs in the lobby. I'm going to change into all black now and head down to the hotel bar humming "Wrathchild" to see if I can score some back stage passes.

2 comments:

  1. That's almost as cool as Amy getting her picture taken with Flavor Flav or me with Kiss. Keep those cards and letters coming. You could be a travel writer in your spare time. Johanna S. did that in Europe last summer for some Harvard guide book. Your posts are wonderful. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Saw your mom and Julie last week in Ft Myers. Bill and I are living a cliche in God's waiting room, Florida. Back to Greene County in mid-April. Love to you both, Rosie

    ReplyDelete